Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Lemon Blueberry Smoothie

Today's gloomy, rainy day called for something new and refreshing, something to brighten the day. So, of course I turned to Pinterest for some pin-spiration and found a recipe for a delicious looking Lemon Blueberry Smoothie.

If you don't know yet, you'll soon realize that, though I do like to copy ideas, it's not often that I copy them exactly, which was the case when I whipped up a couple of these smoothies. 

You can check out the recipe I found here.

I didn't have any greek, or lemon yogurt on hand, so I used a small container of raspberry flavored regular yogurt (I know, not as healthy... but it's what I had). And instead of using lemon zest (since I find zesting a pain), I just added a few drops of doTERRA lemon essential oil, which comes from the peel, so it's pretty much the same thing as the zest. Instead of milk I used water and a scoop of doTERRA's Slim and Sassy Vanilla Trim Shake Powder. 

My version was delicious, probably not much different tasting than hers, so use what you have and like and whip up yourself a tasty and refreshing treat! 

Here's what I did: 

Even my little sidekick loved this smoothie!
      Lemon Blueberry Smoothie

            1/2 cup oats
            1 small container raspberry yogurt
            3 drops lemon essential oil
            1 frozen banana
            1 cup frozen blueberries
            1 scoop vanilla trim shake powder
            1 cup water
            1 tbsp honey

Grind up the oats in a blender, then add everything else. Blend it all together, pour, and enjoy! 
Smoothies are so great because you can really customize them to your preferences... what do you like to add to your smoothies?

1 comment:

  1. Best Hand Blender Reviews is a multipurpose kitchen appliance, used for emulsifying, blending, whisking, pureeing soups and sauces. Hand blender can also be referred as immersion blender or a stick blender. Hand blender allows you to immerse the blender in a liquid to combine it, giving you an appliance in your kitchen that can increase your flexibility in the kitchen. Unlike the other traditional blenders, a hand blender can be used in any container you want. It does not have a container of its own.

    This simple, yet effective device lets you blend inside of a liquid without the use of a traditional pitcher or carafe blender so you can quickly make many blended items.

    Hand Blenders can enhance your kitchen by doing big task in minutes. Having a good hand blender is one of the most important requirements for today’s kitchen. And in Indian market, there is big range of hand blenders available in online market from all big brands. You can find Morphy Richards, Philips, Orpat, prestige and many more brands who have Best Hand Blenders. You can choose your hand blender as per your requirement from wide range of blenders. For crushing and big chopping, you always need Hand Blender in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete