Friday, July 11, 2014

Crustless Quiche - Quick, Easy, and Delicious!

In my last post I told you about the foolproof and deliciously amazing biscuits I made. Today I'm going to tell you about what we ate them with... deliciously amazing crustless quiche.

We had lots of eggs and some ham to use up the other night, and quiche sounded like a yummy way to do that. So of course I did a Pinterest search for quiche recipes. 
 
It didn't take me long to realize that making a regular quiche wasn't going to be happening - I had no shortening to make a crust!! Since running to the grocery store for shortening wasn't an option that night, I was thrilled when I happened upon this pin for crustless quiche. 

I was a little skeptical about how this recipe would turn out without the crust, but I tried it and was pleasantly surprised... I made two of them, and they turned out so delicious! Not having to make a pie crust for them made them super easy to make.  And since they didn't have a crust the biscuits (here) were the perfect match to go with them. 

(The add-ins I used were cubed ham, chopped tomatoes, diced onion, and diced peppers.) 
 
Here's the recipe: 
 
One Crustless Quiche

Ingredients:
`
  •  6 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup cheese, grated (cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, or your choice)
  • 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (optional)
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1 cup optional ingredients (see below)

Optional Ingredients (combine to make about one cup):
  • cubed ham or crumbled cooked bacon
  • chopped broccoli
  • chopped tomatoes
  • sliced onions, or green onions
  • diced green or red peppers
  • chopped spinach
  • chopped asparagus
  • cooked cubed potato
  • other veggies (your choice)

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Whisk together all the ingredients
  • Pour the egg mixture into an pie dish, and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes (until the center is set, and not jiggly)

Next time you want to make quiche but don't have the time or ingredients to make the crust, try this recipe, I think you'll like it too! And don't forget the biscuits!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment