Friday, July 4, 2014

Cub Scout Advancement Ladder

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July yesterday. We spent it with my husband's family in Washington. My brother in law goes all out with his fireworks every year so we lucked out with an amazing show last night! Between that, the good company, and the tasty food we had a fabulous time celebrating the Independance of this great country. 
With all the travelling and visiting I didn't get a chance to try out anything from my "fourth of July" Pinterest Board this yeat, so I don't have any fun new patriotic pin-complishments to show you. 
However, I do have something that has to to do with Scouting, which seems pretty American to me, so it seems applicable for today. 
I just became a Den Leader for my son's Cub Scout group. What fun it is spending an hour a week with ten nine year old boys! 

We have a fabulous Cub Master who is always doing fun and unique things for our Pack Meetings. 

Recently she was telling me about a Cub Scout achievement ladder that she saw on Pinterest. Her husband had already built one for her, but she was trying to figure out how to get the words on it. 

That's where I came in. I am lucky enough to have a Silhouette SD machine, and can cut vinyl lettering. So I offered to help.

I didn't know exactly what she had in mind, so I jumped on Pinterest. After a quick search I found a few examples (here) of what she had seen and got to work. 

I designed, cut, and transferred the lettering onto the advancement ladder, and I think it turned out super cute! 

I definitely had the easy job for this project. 

Each clothes pin will have one of the boys' name on it and we'll have a fun way to keep track of where they are in their advancements. 

I'm sure the boys will love this, I can't wail till they see it at the next Pack Meeting! 

3 comments:

  1. need to add an "S" to webelos... It stands for "WE BE LOYAL SCOUTS" Without the "s" it's just "we be loyal...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. need to add an "S" to webelos... It stands for "WE BE LOYAL SCOUTS" Without the "s" it's just "we be loyal...."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why weren't Tigers and Lions included in this?

    ReplyDelete