Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Homemade Weed Killer - It Works!!

It's always exciting to me when a pinned tip actually works! And the one I am going to tell you about today really worked for me.

When we got home from vacation last week I was excited to see that my garden had grown... what I wasn't so happy to see was that so did the weeds, and not just in my garden. 

We had big healthy and lush weeds all over our back patio, and also coming out of the cracks in our driveway. They were out of control. That's when I remembered that I had pinned something about a homemade weed killer... so I looked it up and got to work.

It was easy to make. All you need is Vinegar, Salt, Dish Soap, and a spray bottle to put it all in. 

The amounts the post (here) called for were:

1 Gallon Vinegar
1/2 Cup Salt
A squirt of Dish Soap



Since my spray bottle wasn't going to hold a gallon of Vinegar I adjusted the amounts and put in about a quarter cup of salt and filled the spray bottle almost to the top with vinegar, and then squirted in a bit of dish soap.


I think it's the salt and vinegar that kills the weeds, and the soap is what makes it sticks to the leaves, etc. of the weeds. 

I sprayed generously on all the weeds I could find around the cement areas of my yard. I didn't use this method on my garden weeds since I figured that if it would kill the weeds, it would probably also kill the plants. 


This method worked beautifully! After a couple of hours I came back and found that those healthy weeds were no more. They were all brown and shriveled up... just the way I like my weeds! 

That night once it cooled down I went out and pulled those dead weeds up... I'm so glad I found a way to easily get rid of those pesky things so we can enjoy some weed-free space! 


2 comments:

  1. There is so much in this article that I would never have thought of on my own. buy marijuana with bitcoin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. visa para canadá

    ReplyDelete