Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Easy and Delicious Pasta Salad

If I had known that Pasta Salad was so easy to make I think I would have been making it myself for a long time. But, it wasn't until this week that I discovered that it doesn't take much effort to make this delicious side dish. 

The nice thing about Pasta Salad is that you can be so versatile, and use things that you already have on hand. 

I searched Pinterest for the perfect recipe, and after reading through a few I found one (here) that looked like something my family would like. I altered the recipe a bit (as usual), but here it is as I found it:  


11/2 boxes rotini noodles or penne pasta
1 bottle wishbone Italian dressing
1 red bell pepper
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2 cups chick peas
1 purple onion
1 cup olives optional




Cook the Pasta according to the package. Drain and rinse under cold water. Slice the vegetables and mix together with pasta and Italian dressing in a large bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


Easy enough, right? I only used one package of pasta, so I reduced the amounts of the other ingredients too. I wasn't really technical about it, I just added however much or each ingredient seemed good at the time. 


I didn't use olives, I'm one of those crazy people who don't love them! But I did add yummy little cubes of cheddar cheese. Next time I may even add a little pepperoni, or whatever else sounds good that day! 

My family thought this was oh so tasty! I know I'll be making it a lot this summer. 

Easy and delicious... I love it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment